We list North Bay Fire Relief resources for Evacuees from free wifi to housing. There are many people in the community that are ready to help. If you are looking to Volunteer there are lists of places below that are looking for help, for instance the Petaluma Fairgrounds. Sign Up for evacuation updates by installing Nixle to your phone: http://www.nixle.com
Here are a list of a few of the resources we know of in Petaluma.
* Copperfield’s Books: has free wifi, allows dogs, and kids can come and read (We have stickers and crayons and water and wifi and hugs. Not nearly enough, but it’s something.) and they are welcome welcome welcome to just come and be here.
* Mystic Theatre: full of volunteers and goods to serve those in need. They are offering a kids play area, movies, hot food, and comfy blankets but they are hosting few evacuees and they have lots of room.
* Petaluma Swim Center: offering hot showers to evacuees and are in need of women’s and children’s underwear, disposable razors, and deodorant.
* Synergy Health Club: will be opening their doors to evacuees for showers and as a place of relaxation. They are located on North McDowell behind Kohl’s/Michael’s Craft store in Petaluma. They have soap, towels, and lounge areas with TVs and couches.
* The bowling alley: offering free games to those affected.
* McNears, Cucina, and Sauced and Quinua are providing free meals. Nopalito on Bodega Ave is giving away free burritos all afternoon.
* The Drawing Board: will be offering a special menu for firefighters and victims for as long as necessary.
* Rebounders in Rohnert Park: offering free entry to those who’ve been displaced and need a place to let the kids play, they have free wifi.
* Hotel Petaluma has short-term shelter for evacuees.
* Kelly-Moore in Rohnert Park is giving away free masks.
Donate to the Redwood Credit Union – 100% goes to local evacuees.
For Volunteer Info, Donations, and Evacuation Information:
Free California Academy of Sciences Week: October 10-15