Bianca and I(Kristina) went to an event recently held by local non-profit Daily Acts on creating your dream garden that is drought tolerant. We were inspired by their talk and wanted to pass along the information that we learned that can save up to 12-25 gallons of water per square foot per year. Continue reading
Winter is almost over, can you believe it? Although we don’t get any snow here in Sonoma County it is still a time to cuddle and have hot cocoa. Spring is well on its way now, and with it comes a chance to add new decor! My favorite time of year has always been Halloween because we get to dress up, but now that the lack of sun is weighing down on me it seems that Spring is also another great time of year – the days begin to get longer and there is more sun! Continue reading
Thank you for joining us today. My name is Bianca with Via B Design out of Sonoma County, California.
Today we will be talking about marble countertops and their man-made quartz and porcelain slab look-a-likes. Continue reading
This article lists a few of the many of chandelier options out there. Think of having wooden chandeliers to add warmth to a space or add a touch of sophistication with a plain white chandelier. Click on the headings to visit the suggested sites. Continue reading
We list North Bay Fire Relief resources for Evacuees from free wifi to housing. There are many people in the community that are ready to help. If you are looking to Volunteer there are lists of places below that are looking for help, for instance the Petaluma Fairgrounds. Sign Up for evacuation updates by installing Nixle to your phone: http://www.nixle.com Continue reading
You’d be surprised how a little bit of elbow grease can go a long way in your home. We curated a list of our top recommendations for your home that will make a huge difference and even prevent problems in the long run.
- Begin swapping all your lights to LEDs – Your wallet will thank you later. Not only are they cheap to get, they significantly help lower your utilities bill.
- Replace worn seals around doors – It will decrease the amount of draft in the home and it’s cheap and easy to do!
- Upgrade your toilet lids with dampers – This will prevent you and guests from being able to slam shut the toilet lid.
- Timers for the outdoor lights – Attach timers to save on your electricity bill and forget about turning them on manually!
- Hang a picture of a sword fish in your bathroom – Looks fancy!
- Change the filter in your furnace.
- Add USB Outlets close to a nightstand.
- Install Dimmers – Have your electrician come in to your home and help you save on money.
- Replace the house numbers with big metal ones.
- Upgrade the kitchen hardware.
These simple recommendations can take your living spaces to the next level. Hope this list has helped you think up new ways to improve your home. Have any recommendations of your own? Comment below!
If ever there was an opportunity to use the June Oven… we have an old time favorite brownie recipe that we used to cook for bake sales with M&M’s on top (Usually the first to sell out) that would be perfect to enjoy as we watch the Sonoma State fireworks from afar. Simply only use red white and blue M&M’s and voila! You have yourself Fourth of July brownies! If you are looking for something healthier why not checkout The Sugar-Free Flag Cake by Real Healing Nutrition. We hope you enjoy this holiday weekend.
New and upcoming design trends for 2017 are eclectic and include textured finishes for cabinets and countertops. The use of a kitchen that opens to other living spaces is still very popular as it utilizes more area of the home and brings the family together. We have been designing spaces by removing walls and combining rooms for better traffic flow and function. The formal living room is slowly disappearing as homes are transformed into a large living area.
An integral part of any kitchen or bathroom is the tile design. This includes both flooring and backsplash. In this article we will look at tile designs that you may have not thought of yet as well as the basics. Continue reading